Saturday, August 7, 2010

Jim Ryun Running Camps 2010

What a great summer of camps! I am thrilled that we maxed out both Gettysburg and Colorado State. In spite of the hard work that went into putting the camps on, I am sad that they are over. I think what I enjoy most is all the great campers I get to meet because each life is unique.
We had some fantastic speakers this year at both camps. I shared highlights with the CSU campers yesterday and tried to compres each speaker into key phrases.

Jim Ryun: Journey versus Destination.
Dr. Jack Daniels: What is the purpose of this workout?
Joe Falcon: Focus, Be a Warrior.
Charlie Gruber: Do the small things, 1% things that make a difference.
Jay Johnson: Simple ain't easy (great post for the camp by Jay here).
Bill Lundberg: Goals, both short term and long term.
Dr. Chris Melby: Nutrition is fundamental!

Already fired up for next year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment